Thursday, February 25, 2010

Conservative Supporters are Paranoid & Crazy...

I often sit on the sidelines and enjoy watching my friends who cover the right and left spectrum of politics argue back and forth about the fairness of media.

The Conservative supporters have this conspiracy theory that the "left wing" media is out to get them, and the Liberal and New Democrat supporters simply laugh and say that they are crazy, and that reporting the truth does not constitute bias.

As I was thumbing through the Globe and Mail website the other day, I came across this interesting article that caught my eye.

The headline was:

PMO has too much power, poll finds


With the little blurb online before the article saying:

More than 40 per cent of Canadians put Prime Minister's Office ahead of Senate as institution most deserving to have its wings clipped


Neat! I had to read more!

This revelation was made based on a Nanos poll which basically asked based on the following institutions do you feel they have too much power, the right amount of power, or not enough power, or unsure.

The results from the poll which is displayed within the very article shows the following when asked about the office of the Prime Minister:

Too Much Power: 41.6%
The Right Amount of Power: 40.4%
Not Enough Power: 9.3%
Unsure: 8.7%


Perhaps I fell asleep in grade school when they taught the class how to add, but based on the Nano's poll I see it as 49.7% of Canadians feeling that the PMO has either the right amount of power, or not enough...

That is a higher figure of Canadians believing that the headline of the article is incorrect, then correct.

But again, what do I know?
Have a look at the article yourself and make your own judgment.

I guess maybe there is something to the old saying:

"It's not paranoia if they are really after you"

1 comment: